Theme 1

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup


So lately I have been really into trying out new recipes; I found several on Pinterest that sounded good and what I ended up with is a bit of a mix of a few recipes that I liked.

1 carton creamy tomato soup or a family sized can of tomato soup
2 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup heavy cream or 1 cup if using regular tomato soup
1 pound ground Turkey
1 pound refrigerated tortellini
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp dried oregano
2 TBS dried basil or 4 cubes of frozen basil
1/4 cup parmasean cheese
2 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp olive oil


Add olive oil and minced garlic to pan and saute to release flavor until light brown. Then add ground Turkey, oregano, basil and garlic salt and brown. I used 90 percent lean Turkey so I did not drain. Once meat is browned add tomato soup, broth and heavy cream and bring to boil. Once boiling add tortellini and cook until tortellini done, about 5 minutes. Add parm. and any extra herbs to suit your taste.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment