Theme 1

Monday, April 2, 2012

Creamy Tomato Basil Soup



This recipe is one that I concocted myself with a little experimenting in my kitchen and everyone loves it when I serve it.  I have a tip for the fresh basil on the bottom of the post :)

Ingredients:

3 cans tomato soup
1 soup can full of water
1/2 soup can of milk
2oz. cream cheese
1 1/2 tsp sugar (to cut the acidity of the tomato)
2 tsp garlic salt
3 tsp chopped basil
2 Tbs. Parmesan cheese

Combine all of the ingredients in a pot and cook until boiling to help the cream cheese blend in smooth with the rest of the soup.  Then simmer on low for 20 minutes to really let the flavors blend together.



I love to serve this with grilled cheese sandwiches.

For the basil in this soup you could use fresh basil and chop it yourself to add to the soup, this is what I did the first few times I made it.  A while back I found herbs that are chopped fresh and frozen into little cubes for you to add to your recipes.  I love to use these for making this soup, each little cube is equal to one teaspoon of the herb fresh;  I find mine at Trader Joe's.




No comments:

Post a Comment